BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

A much needed break

I was not able to be there in Mumbai last weekend, so this weekend I had to be there, before the volcano exploded (read, Swati’s anger). The weekend was long and I added one comp off to that, and I had a 4 day off, jealous, well that’s my luck!
We still fight like small kids, she was late by 15 minutes and right at the airport we started shouting at each other. The same way as we do always, but then it got a slightly higher TRP than usual (airport being a public place) and that was not the only time we fought so lets not talk about it. Post the last weekend ditching, Swati decided not to plan the weekend. So we had four days and no plans. Google searches and maps came to our help. The first day was fully dedicated to planning, DAY 1: I started my Mumbai darshan with watching ‘Delhi 6’, what an irony. Next we had lunch at a restaurant in Vashi. Swati had some shopping to do and I was pulled into the ordeal. Then we had to go to a party, in fact it was Suku’s send off party. He is leaving Mumbai next month, got a job in Chennai. In my last visit to Mumbai I have been quite a good friend with Swati’s office colleagues, so I was also invited to the party. Post party we returned to Swati’s place. We decided that we would be going to SAGUNA BAUG the next day, its a resort kind of place and from whatever we had searched it seemed to be a village made into a resort, where you can live like a villager, I mean you can take a dip in river, go fishing, milking a cow and a lots of other activities, and Swati was damn excited about it. Danisha (Sawti’s flattie) was to come with us. DAY 2: So the next morning we were to leave at 7:30 and as usual we got late and left at 12:00. Post a few consultations with the google map, we found our way out of the city and then hit the road to SAGUNA BAUG. It was not an easy ride, with none of us having inkling about the way, but we somehow managed to find the place. It was a great place. From there on we went to this hill station called MATHERAN, its infact the tiniest hill station in the world. We had a night over at that place. Its a very small place and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly here. The details about this will be written in another blog. By the way no motored vehicle is allowed in MATHERAN and we had to take a toy train to the place and it is one of the best thing about the place. So do visit the place if you want to have a quite time with nature. DAY 3: The next day by afternoon we had seen all the important places that we need to see, and we returned. We reached Mumbai late in the evening. First we went home, took a warm shower and then went out for dinner. It was late by then and fav hangout had to be BADE MIYAN. After the dinner, there was the only place to hit GATEWAY of INDIA. Santanu, Vishal, Nitin, Jolly, Deepa, Mayur & his wife and Suraj joined us at marine drive. We all mere meeting after a long time. It’s great to meet friends after long time, you have so much to talk about and you wish that time should stop by. So we as we went on chatting with the cool sea breeze completing the beautiful atmosphere. We lost our tab on time, and when Suraj shouted that we are late, the clock read 3:30 am. We bid a quick good bye. Returned home and crashed. DAY 4: Swati had some meetings in the first half, so I dropped her at her office and then went to THEOBROMA with Santanu, to get brownies (read, bribe) for Pinki, Z, Chheenku, Meera, Dinki and Boss. By the time we returned home, Swati had also reached home. She had prepared lunch for all of us. This was the first time since I came to Mumbai that I was having food at home. It was good and she had also made my fav kheer. I was to leave in the evening and got started with my packing part, I packed all the stuffs. In the evening, Vishal and Santanu also came along to drop me at the airport. The flight was delayed by an hour. So we were outside the airport, when I mentioned about this place called MAHESH Lunch Home. I still don’t know what happened, but fifteen minutes post that, I was in the car, my ticket was cancelled and I was now flying next morning. That’s how impromptu plans happen when it’s Swati and me, so it was not surprising. We reached MAHESH, I had never been to this place. Its an awesome place if you like seafood. And if you are lucky, like we were that night you can run into a few celebrities, we met Boman Irani, rather saw him. And we kept looking at his table every now and then, until he felt so awkward that he had to smile back at us, the one out of desperation and we stopped bothering him with our glances. We all had to our fill and then we returned home. By the time we reached home it was 1:00am. I was to fly out at 5:00am. So I booked a cab. Since I was leaving I was not allowed to sleep, we chatted up till the time cab came. Coffee and photographs from our childhood kept us awake all thru the night.
And that’s how my weekend got over. One of the best one ever with my best friend. 14 years and nothing has changed, not even an ounce. We still fight and we still love each other so much. We still look for that shoulder to lean on to and we still have a say in each other’s life.

0 comments: