BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gully Cricket: I Relieved my childhood days

Gully cricket used to be one of the most important part of my childhood days. I still remember fighting for those dubious decisions, sulking for the missed catches and jeering at the losers… those were the days of innocence and freedom.

A few days back Ankur and Me were out on a fieldwork. While going to meet a respondent, thru a gully, we came across these kids playing cricket and couldn’t stop ourselves from asking them to give us a chance to relive those childhood days. So we took our sides. The game began, I know we were not playing to win or loose, as we used to do those days, but it was great fighting for the outs and going for those short singles, not letting your bat when your out and making the most of being a captain by going out to bat first and bowl first. It must have been quite a sight for few passersby who watched two 25 plus (Okay for Ankur it is plus plus plus…) guys in their office formals, playing cricket with kids and acting like them too….

I relived my childhood days in the gullies of Masjid Moth with kids I had never met in my life. It was fun and more than that it was like going back in times.

There’s nothing that can stop you from having fun and living your life, the only thing that stands between you and life is you; yourself. Go ahead and live it!

0 comments: