BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

A missed Marathon and Completed Book!!!

Just finished reading this book “The Kiterunner” by Khaled Hosseini. Infact, it was such a riveting and gripping story that I sat up all night reading the book. By the time it ended it was 5-30 am in the morning. I think every avid book reader must read this. Its an awesome tale. It was definitely a relief from the non-sensical stuffs that I was reading for a long time.

I missed the Marathon, bad health and sleepless night owing to my absence. Anuj had been to the marathon and messaged: ‘U shud hv cm. Was fun’. I surely did miss it. But the goodies bag were good enuf for me. I mean it had Deos, shaving creams, gym-bag, airtel vouchers and lot many thngs,more than enuf to keep the non-runners happy. Saturday was lazy and Sunday, which promised to be a bit hectic with the Marathon thingy, was even more so without Marathon. My health was down, I mean not well. So by evening I was completely bored, and I decided to hit a bookstore my fav stress-buster.

Seriously, as soon as I find myself in between books it feels like I am between some old lost friends. I am never sort of half read and unread books but then whenever I go to a bookstore I end up buying one more. So this time it was a Mark Walden one, H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education). Sounds fun and I have heard tht its going to be made into a series, ala Harry Potter.

So my Sunday was not as boring as the morning showed and of course there was the “fun element”: HUM TUM, yeah a bored soul on a Sunday evening end up watching old flicks on TV.

Off late Hari bhai has started making some very very Un-Hari-Bhai type chais, I mean some good chais. So I think there is a raise in the house rent round the corner. Good things never come for free.

Saw two movies this week:

First Ankur, Reetu and me went to see “Fashion”, it was such a bad movie that half way we thought of walking out. Just the money spent on the movie glued us to the seat. Kangna Ranaut is not yet out of her ‘Woh Lamhe’ and ‘Gangster’ mode. Priyanka was not looking like a super model, she never does. Mugdha Godse was only good thing that happened to the movie.

Then, Sudhanshu, Monika and myself went to see “Quantum of Solace’, it was good. I mean non-Brasnan bond movies are not counted as Bond movies by me, so this one also didn’t feel like a Bond flick. Though, many would disagree and say Daniel Craig is a better Bond, but somehow his rawness is not Bond kind, I liked the polished Pierce Brosnan.

Dada played his last innings, out on a golden duck. Bad, isn’t it. Sorry for the great batsman. But of course he ended up in the league of Bradman. Century on debut and Golden duck in the end. But the 85 that he scored in his penultimate innings had Dada stamp all over. India won the match and the series. What a great way to hang your boots. I even liked the way Dhoni paid Dada tribute: He let him captain the later part of the innings and Dada didn’t disappoint by leading India to win, one last time.
Okay guys c ya soon with more from my side…

0 comments: